Ask The Doctor- What Can Be Done for Inflammation of Scar Tissue?

blue flowersThis week, James E. Craigie, MD, of The Center for Natural Breast Reconstruction answers your question.

Question: I have chronic inflammation of scar tissue after having breast cancer surgery and reconstructed surgery. I have been in pain now for over a year. What if anything can been done to for this?

Answer: Thank you for your question. We cannot specifically give you medical advice by email because we would need more information.  You should make sure your surgeons (plastic surgeon and breast) and oncologists know you are having problems right away if you have not already.  They will be familiar with your history and can make sure you have been checked thoroughly.

We specialize in breast reconstruction and frequently help patients having problems with their reconstruction. The effects of radiation and scaring can lead to problems and pain. We help patients with implant problems by replacing their implants with their own fatty tissue. If you would like more information I would need to have my office contact you regarding your specific situation.

Have a question about breast reconstruction or post-surgical you’d like answered from our surgical team? 

Just ask!