Every year Charleston lights up the town with millions of multicolored lights during the Holiday Festival of Lights.
This sparkling event is something we look forward to each and every year at The Center for Natural Breast Reconstruction, and we highly recommended adding it to your calendar this holiday season.
There are many ways you can enjoy this fun and festive event. If the weather is cold, or if you’re juggling small children, we suggest taking the driving tour. The tour is 3 miles long and takes you through over 700 light displays.
If you want to really get into the holiday spirit, we recommended parking your car and participating in the festival’s family-friendly activities, shopping, food, entertainment, and more!
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the things you can enjoy at the festival:
- Magnificent sculpture made from over 50 tons of sand
- An up-close look at the lights via the holiday train
- Mouth-watering treats from Santa’s Sweet Shoppe
- Giant greeting cards created by local students
- Riding the beautiful Victorian carousel
The Holiday Festival of Lights takes place at James Island County Park, located at 871 Riverland Drive, Charleston, SC 29412. And no need to worry about the weather. It’s open from November 11 to January 1 rain or shine.
Ready to enjoy a trip through the lights? Here’s everything else you need to know to plan your trip!
- Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 5:30 – 11:00 p.m.
- 1-15 guests: $20 per vehicle, $15 per vehicle Monday-Thursday with donation*
- 16-30 guests: $40 Monday-Thursday, $50 Friday-Sunday
- 31+ guests: $100 Monday-Thursday, $150 Friday-Sunday
Monday – Thursday, get into the festival for only $15 per vehicle (1-15 guests) with the donation of a canned food item or dog/cat food to benefit the Lowcountry Food Bank.