Every day people go to work, run a business, care of their children, take care of their pets, volunteer, and do many other tiring jobs.
It’s possible you do at least one, or even more, of the things we just mentioned above.
The bottom line is that we know you work hard every day to make ends meet, care for your family, and help those in need. And most of the time, you probably even do it without getting one “thank-you” in return.
Well, we believe it’s time to thank yourself. And one of the best ways to do that is to set aside a time to indulge in a decadent “treat yourself” dessert.
We, at The Center for Natural Breast Reconstruction, love to indulge in a sweet treat from time to time ourselves. So, we thought we’d share 3 delicious recipes that we think you’ll enjoy.
Ready for a much-needed treat yourself day? Give one of the following recipes a try!
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
There’s nothing more decadent than a warm, gooey piece of cake filled with rich, molten chocolate lava. If you’re a chocolate lover, this recipe is for you.
The best part, it’s super simple to make. Check it out…
- Baking spray, for spraying custard cups
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray four custard cups with baking spray and place on a baking sheet.
2. Microwave the butter, bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate in a large bowl on high until the butter is melted, about 1 minute. Whisk until the chocolate is also melted. Stir in the sugar until well blended. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks, then add the vanilla. Stir in the flour. Divide the mixture among the custard cups.
3. Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft, about 13 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Invert on individual plates while warm and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-lava-cakes
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
If you prefer a dessert made from fresh, sweet, and juicy berries, you’re going to want to give this strawberry shortcake recipe a try.
This light, yet decadent dessert, topped with a sweet homemade whipped cream, is so easy to make even a novice chef can do it. Give it a try.
- 3 pints fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups whipped heavy cream
1. Slice the strawberries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8-inch round cake pan.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
5. Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining strawberries and cover with the whipped cream.
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8201/strawberry-shortcake/
Vanilla Bean Mousse Recipe
Vanilla lovers, rejoice!
This 4-ingredient recipe is simple and delicious, and leaves you wanting to come back for seconds. And we say, go ahead and grab that extra serving—today is a day to indulge, right? The next time you have a vanilla craving, whip this recipe up…
- One vanilla bean, seeds scraped from the pod
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Whip heavy cream with vanilla bean seeds and 1/3 cup sugar until soft peaks form (err on the side of slightly overwhipped). Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold together the whipped cream mixture and the egg mixture (I folded the eggs into the whipped cream).
4. Gently pour into individual serving dishes and refrigerate at least six hours, or overnight.
Recipe Source: http://www.sugarlaws.com/vanilla-bean-mousse
Do you have a favorite decadent dessert recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!